- What is the Junior Circuit?
The junior circuit is for challenger level players or players just starting to play challenger tournaments. (No Champ or Super Champ players). Players compete for points that are used for seeding purposes in later tournaments and the Masters Tournament. Players who live in the “75” zip code and play at least 4 Junior Circuit Tournaments are eligible for the year end Masters Tournament. The top 2 players in each age division at the Masters will get to represent Dallas in the State Grand Prix held at the world famous John Newcombe Tennis Ranch in New Braunfels, Texas September 24-25.
- Can I also play in DPTA Novice Tournaments?
Yes, you may. In order to play in the Novice Circuit players have to have no more than 10 Challenger points.
- Do I need a USTA membership?
No. USTA membership is not required for the Junior Circuit.
- How much of the day will the tournament take?
The tournament will most likely start around 8am and end around 4pm or 5pm, depending on how many players sign up. Times for your matches will be posted the Thursday before tournament begins. No matches will start before 8am and we strive to be finished with all matches by 5pm. Flexibility will be necessary.
- Tournament is open to non-qualified players (Champ / Super Champ are not eligible).
- Players will earn points which will be used for seeing purposes only in circuit events and Masters.
- Players living outside of the “75” zip code may play, but will not be eligible for the Masters tournament.
- USTA age division rules apply. Players are not allowed to play up a division unless they have met the USTA criteria.
- If you champ up after August 1st, 2016 you will still be eligible for Masters (and potentially State tournament)
- DPTA / USPTA pro committee has the final decision on any rules not covered
- No refunds for rain, incorrect sign ups or cancellation for any reason
Scoring & Points
- Format: 12u, 14u, 16u, 18u: 8-game pro set (first to 8 games and ahead by 2), ad(regular) scoring, tiebreak at 7 games all. 10u: 2 out of 3 sets to 4 games win by 1, no-ad. 7 point tiebreaker for 3rd.
- Players are guaranteed at least 2 matches if opponents are available
- Players receive 1 point for wins in main draw (must win the round after a bye or default)
- Players receive .5 point for wins in consolation draw (must win the round after a bye or default)
- If you default or pull out of a tournament, you will receive no points
- All players who live in the “75” zip code and have played at least 4 tournaments are eligible to play in the Masters tournament.
- If you default more than two times from a tournament, you will be ineligible for the Masters, which means you won’t qualify for the State trip
- Tournament Directors reserves the right to modify scoring in case of inclement weather
- Being current with USTA guidelines: if a rainout occurs, the tournament director will make every effort to reschedule the tournament. If every effort has been made and there is absolutely no way to complete the tournament, there will be no refunds
The DPTA Junior Circuit Masters Tournament winners qualify to represent Dallas in the USPTA-Texas Junior Circuit Championships!
To Sign Up: Go to www.dptatennis.org . Click the Junior Circuit tab, find the tournament you want to sign-up for and click that link. That will take you to the USTA site Tennis Link.